Flagel Lab News
- Dr. Flagel recently participated in the 2017 National Academy of Medicine Richard and Hinda Rosenthal Symposium on “Pain and the Opioid Epidemic: A Path Forward”. Video of this event will be made available soon.
- Dr. Paolo Campus will be presenting some exciting new work from the lab at the Winter Conference on Brain Research (January 2018, Whistler, British Columbia) in a panel entitled: “What About Me? The Paraventricular Nucleus in Reward Circuitry”.
- Dr. Flagel is co-organizing a European Behavioral Pharmacology Worskhop (EBPS) entitled, “Animal and Human Behavior: Using Computational Approaches to Build a Two-way Bridge”, which will be held July 29-31, 2018, at Downing College in the University of Cambridge, UK. For more information go to: EBPS Workshops
- Sofia Lopez was awarded a National Science Foundation (NSF) Graduate Research Fellowship to study the ways in which dopamine and glucocorticoids interact to modulate individual variation in stimulus-reward learning. The NSF Fellowship will support her from 2017-2020!
- Brittany Kuhn was awarded the 2017 Society for Neuroscience (SfN) Trainee Professional Development Award, which will support her travel to the 2017 SfN meeting in Washington, D.C. and provide her with a number of exclusive professional development opportunities.
- Brittany Kuhn was awarded the 2017 University of Michigan Graduate Student Award for Excellence in Service for her outstanding service to the University and surrounding communities.